About the job
- Leading sporting organisation
- Six-month contract role
- Flexible Location
Here’s the deal…
We’re looking for a dynamic and skilled journalist to cover Men’s Domestic Cricket (KFC BBL, Marsh Sheffield Shield and Marsh One-Day Cup) in our Digital team in this initial six-month role. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the domestic game and digital storytelling to deliver knowledgeable and insightful content to engage cricket fans across our range of products and social channels.
Reporting to the Senior News Editor, you’ll be responsible for supporting the editorial content team to ensure coverage of the 2021-22 Australian cricket season. We are open to this person operating from anywhere in Australia.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a high-functioning team in a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australians.
About The Role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Writing compelling stories about Australian domestic cricket – including the BBL, Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup – to build audience engagement and inspire love for the game;
- Reporting on cricket news, events and tournaments taking place in Australia and around the world;
- Leveraging our access to elite Australian and international players to tell their stories and connect them to fans;
- Crafting social content and building and publishing digital assets to ensure up to date and accurate delivery of written and video content;
- Contributing to video and audio content to give fans a complete view of what’s happening;
- Supporting Australian Cricket’s priorities and key messaging through strategic storytelling and stakeholder support;
- Helping to maintain high standards of quality across our output to ensure we remain the most trusted source of cricket news and highlights.
- A considerable knowledge of and passion for cricket
- 2+ years’ experience in digital sport reporting / production, ideally involving cricket
- A self-sufficient work ethic and proven ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to execute to tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work evenings / weekends / public holidays when necessary
Sound like you? Let’s do this!
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. Your age, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of the team. It’s your drive to do great work that’ll help you shine. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
At Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children.
We work flexibly and offer extensive employee benefits including a range of discounts from fashion and travel to groceries and electronics! Salary packaging options and discounts with our corporate partners. We also have an 5 extra days off a year!
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by Midnight, Sunday 26 September 2021.