An exciting opportunity exists to become part of the Cricket Ireland Participation team as a Cricket Connects – Community Cricket Hub Co-Ordinator based in Doughiska, Co Galway.
Reporting to the National Development Manager, this role is to support participation on a grassroots level and develop the sport of Cricket. Whilst the role has a regional focus supporting the Community Sports Hub initiative, seeking to maximize participation in cricket and engage the local community to offer a range of participation opportunities, the role will also support the national implementation of the Cricket Connects programme and support Connacht Cricket Union in the development of cricket within the region.
This role is funded by Sport Ireland and is offered on an initial fixed term contract for one year. This role will be based at the Cumasu Centre, Doughiska, Co Galway
- Establish a new Cricket Community Sports Hub located at Doughiska Co Galway.
- Identify key stakeholders and community leaders to ensure engagement across the community and involvement with relevant target groups.
- Engage with community and target groups by consulting with participants and local partners to assess the needs of the community.
- Engage with local providers to secure facilities and opportunities for Cricket to grow within the region.
- Implement a comprehensive plan to promote, attract and develop sustainable usage of the hub.
- Proactively develop partnerships with local authority, local sports partnerships, schools’ local community-based organisations and community outreach groups.
- Support the development of communications, promotions and marketing of the hub and activity undertaken by the hub.
- Deliver coach and volunteer education programmes to assist with sustainability of the project.
- Work with our partner bodies to deliver, monitor and evaluate the Community Sports Hub Project.
- Work closely with Connacht Cricket Union for the creation of a Cricket Development plan to grow awareness of cricket and increase participation.
- Experience in Sports Development / Health / Fitness across participation pathways.
- Experience of the community and voluntary sector and the sports and physical activity environment.
- Be available to work unsocial hours, both weekends and evenings.
- Full clean driving licence and access to own vehicle for business purposes.
- Strong organisational skills incorporating excellent attention to detail.
- Must be highly organised and able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills are required with the ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to develop strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work flexible hours, as dictated by a sport which is largely leisure /volunteer based.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Cricket Ireland Participation Team
- Connacht Cricket Union
- Galway County Council
- Galway Sports Partnership
- Sport Ireland
- Salary: commensurate with experience.
- Position tenure: one-year fixed term.
- Position location: Hybrid / Cumasu Centre, Doughiska, Co Galway.
- The closing date for applications will be 1pm on Friday 14th July 2023.
- Applicants must be eligible to work within ROI and UK without requiring a visa/work permit .
- A detailed letter of application and full CV should be sent by email to email@example.com and will be confidential. Please advise where you saw the advert.
- Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.