About the job
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager, based at our headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will report to the ICC’s Financial Controller (‘FC’) and will be responsible for managing the smooth day-to-day running of the accounting function and building on the financial systems and processes. This role will also need to provide regular and ongoing support and business partnering to the ICC’s FC from time to time.
- Responsibilities of the Finance Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Overall management of all day-to-day operations of the accounting function;
- Supporting the FC with the budgeting and forecasting process and steering the monthly/quarterly MIS dashboards and reporting;
- Ensure that the month end closing activities are performed accurately and on time including review of the balance sheet and supporting reconciliations.
- Review and process all accrual related entries.
- Perform the VAT calculations and submissions on a monthly basis.
- Support the “Commercial Finance” function with reports on event revenue and spends as well as on booking the event closing transactions in Netsuite.
- Supporting the FC with the external audit and the finalisation of ICC’s audited financial statements in full compliance with IFRS and applicable laws and regulations;
- Reviewing, formulating and implementing the ICC’s financial processes, policies and procedures;
- Managing the internal financial control systems and proactively addressing any identified gaps; Managing currency exposures as and when required, in close co-operation with the FC;
- Managing the banking arrangements, surplus cash and the investment portfolio in close co-operation with the FC;
- Maintaining the legal entity structure as mandated by the finance committee and the Board; Reviewing member finances and member audited financial statements;
- Assisting the FC in preparing reports for various committees and to the Board and ad hoc projects from time to time;
- Ensuring that all transactions at ICC are within the delegation of authority and Board approved policies;
- Being a super user of Netsuite, supporting the team with system usage, data extracts & evaluation, process enhancements.
- Working closely with the Internal and External Auditor;
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Qualified Accountant from an internationally recognized institution with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience;
- Significantly demonstrated experience in a similar role and expertise in finance and accounts is essential;
- Previous experience in the sports, media sector and international exposure is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Previous experience in managing a team is essential;
- Should be well versed with IFRS;
- NetSuite experience.
- Well-developed analytical, administrative and computer skills, including Microsoft office
- Ability to work efficiently and lead in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Ability to simplify matters to enable quick understanding of issues and enable quick decision-making;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and deliver outcomes on time;
- Maintain a high degree of integrity
- Good team player with a flexible approach;
- Meticulous and accurate with a strong eye for detail;
- Self-motivated with a high work ethic and ability to work creatively on own initiative; and
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities.
Conditions of Employment
- The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references: and
- The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.