International Cricket Council
Dubai, United Arab Emirates (On-site)
Posted: 25 May 2022
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3091933517/
About the job
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager – Commercial Finance within our Finance team, based at the ICC headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will report to the ICC’s Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for business partnering on revenue and cost dimensions of business units like Media Rights, Broadcast, Events, Sponsorship, Digital, Production and Marketing/Comms.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager – Commercial Finance include but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding business drivers and defining, measuring, and reporting on key indicators (KPIs);
- Being a part of the line management and decision making including analysing all risks;
- Building business plans and defining ways to identify gaps & opportunities;
- Identifying opportunities for cost saving, efficiency gains and value generation;
- Contract negotiation and procurement management;
- Developing commission structures and monitoring commission payments (if any);
- Monitoring contract profitability;
- Revenue, cost and surplus modelling, tracking, analysis, and reporting dashboards;
- Acting as a tax advisor;
- Commercial department budgets preparations, planning and consolidation and tracking for spends;
- Reporting on commercial outstanding receivables and assisting in identifying commercial partners;
- Liaising with Commercial Partners / Sponsors & approved IBC suppliers on financial T&C; and
- Strategic projects including reviewing / analysis of financial model for new rights cycle.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant/MBA (Finance);
- Minimum 14 years’ experience in a multinational setup is preferred;
- Must possess a strong commercial focus with strong numerical and hands on ability;
- Significantly demonstrated experience in a similar role and expertise in commercial finance and accounts is essential;
- Strong project management skills – ability to work well with a team and play a leadership role in bringing people together within the department and organisation;
- Experience in the finance domain within the sports and media industry is an advantage;
- Ability to work on advanced modelling and data analytics tools;
- Proficiency in MS Office and ERP based accounting and financial reporting tools;
- Skilled at budgetary controls, long term forecasting, financial business modelling, hedging risk, treasury management and business processes;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English language including reports and business writing skills;
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities; and
- Persistence and outstanding energy and a passion for sport.
Conditions of Employment
- The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references: and
- The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.