Photo Credit: ICC
Ireland Under-19s Men’s squad have flown out to England for a five-match tour between 15-26 August which is part of their build-up to the ICC Men’s U19 World Cup in early 2024.
The tour, which will include two one-day fixtures against England Under-19s Men’s side, will see Railway Union’s Philippe le Roux lead the Irish squad.
The schedule is as follows:
• 16 August – 50 over match vs Warwickshire Academy (at Edgbaston Community Sports Ground)
• 17 August – 50 over match vs Warwickshire Academy (at Edgbaston Community Sports Ground)
• 21 August – ODM vs England U19 Men (at Haslegrave, Loughborough)
• 23 August – ODM vs England U19 Men (at Haslegrave, Loughborough)
• 25 August – 50 over match vs England Young Lions Invitational XI (at Haslegrave, Loughborough)
Speaking of the schedule, Ireland Under-19’s Men’s Head Coach, Peter Johnston said:
“An invitation from England to play in this series shows the progress that our young Irish cricketers are making across the pathway. Seeing the likes of homegrown players such as Josh Little and Harry Tector who are paving the way on the world stage adds further belief to these young players that they too can make waves.
“Playing the runners-up from the last U19 World Cup will give us the perfect benchmark heading into our preparations towards the World Cup in Sri Lanka next January.
“We have used a big squad of players through our recent series wins against Scotland and Jersey and I’ve no doubt that these players can help add to the longevity of Irish Cricket’s success.“
The Ireland Under-19s Men’s squad
• Eoin Birch (Balbriggan Cricket Club)
• Macdara Cosgrave (Pembroke Cricket Club)
• Harry Dyer (CSNI Cricket Club)
• Daniel Forkin (Merrion Cricket Club)
• Ryan Hunter (CSNI Cricket Club)
• Philippe le Roux (captain) (Railway Union Cricket Club)
• Finn Lutton (CSNI Cricket Club)
• Scott Macbeth (Brigade Cricket Club)
• Carson McCullough (CIYMS Cricket Club) –
• Jordan Neill (Merrion Cricket Club)
• Oliver Riley (YMCA Cricket Club)
• Gavin Roulston (Bready Cricket Club)
• Luke Thomson (Clontarf Cricket Club)
• Matthew Weldon (The Hills Cricket Club)
U19 Men staff include:
Peter Johnston (Head Coach), Albert van der Merwe (Assistant Coach), Darren Nicol (Physiotherapist), Ollie Kanavan (Analyst), Stuart Thompson (Strength and Conditioning)