About the job
The purpose of the role to lead and oversee the physiotherapy and rehabilitation support to England pathway players and to manage, co-ordinate and quality assure the Science and Medicine support to maximise the availability and wellness of players across the Disability Cricket Pathway.
Applications will for this role will be open until 28th August 2023 with a view to holding interviews week commencing 4th September 2023.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF:
- You have a passion for contributing to a high-performance team.
- You enjoy clinical problem solving, putting your mind to finding solutions to rehabilitation and injury challenges and collaborating with other physiotherapists to return players from injury.
- You are proactive with wanting to make a difference, and respectful and conscious of the needs of players and support staff.
YOU’LL BE DOING:
England Men’s Pathway Physiotherapist:
- You will be leading the Science and Medicine delivery and providing direct Physiotherapy support for all Young Lions programmes and competitive u19’s series both home and abroad. This will include working strongly in collaboration with the players’ County Medical teams and other Science and Medicine staff.
- You will be leading the Science and Medicine delivery and providing direct Physiotherapy support for all other ECB age-group competitions and training activities including Under 17’s and Super-4s tournaments.
- You will contribute to the England Men’s Performance Science and Medicine team, and conduct knowledge development projects individually or with others to ensure we continue to deliver up to date and excellent rehabilitation and physical preparation support. You will be continually working upon your own practice and delivery in this role.
- You will support the Head of Performance Science and Medicine and National Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Lead with proactive and professional communication with County Science and Medicine colleagues, contribute to ECB led CPD events and other projects or activities that will strengthen our domestic system and promote excellence in Science and Medicine in Cricket in England and Wales.
- You will deliver Physiotherapy support for senior England contracted players or England programme players as requested by the National Lead for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.
Medical Services Lead for Disability Cricket:
- You will be managing, co-ordinating and quality assuring the Science and Medicine support to maximise the availability and wellness of all players across the Disability Cricket Pathway.
- You will oversee consultant practitioners providing physiotherapy services at training camps and competitive series, both at home and abroad, ensuring that required standards of governance and Duty of Care are continually met.
- Act as a player advocate and provide a link/ensure communication between the National Squad management teams and the players’ support networks.
- This role includes travel within the UK to visit players when not directly servicing the teams. The work requires completing satisfactory medical record-keeping and ensuring timely communication and correspondence to all stakeholders.
- You will attend ECB’s National Cricket Performance Centre as required to connect with your colleagues and deliver your key objectives above, as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy, preferably a Post-Graduate degree
- Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Current membership with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
- Current Advanced Trauma Management and Emergency Care accreditation
- Experience and expertise working in Domestic and/or elite cricket
- Demonstrable high-quality physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation skills, including the injuries prevalent and specific to elite cricket
- Practical knowledge of injury surveillance and workload monitoring methods, specific to elite cricket
- Practical knowledge of growth and maturation and its impact on physical preparation
- Excellent communication skills
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Full Driver’s license
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Car Allowance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice