Posted: 26 August 2023
Link to Apply: http://www.cricketscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Head-of-Performance-Advert-CS.pdf
Cricket Scotland is the national governing body for cricket in Scotland, dedicated to promoting and developing the sport at all levels. We are committed to fostering a culture of excellence, growth and inclusivity within the cricketing community.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Performance to join our team, who will lead our performance department and be a key driver in the future of cricket in Scotland.
As Head of Performance, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the performance strategy for Cricket Scotland. Your leadership will be essential in achieving the strategic objectives of the department, enhancing the performance of our national teams, and establishing development programmes for players, coaches and pathway programmes.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive high-performance strategy that aligns with Cricket Scotland’s goals and objectives.
- Establish and deliver programmes which support the development of the national Men’s and Women’s Teams, “A” Teams and Performance Academies.
- Build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, including governing bodies, funding partners, and cricketing organisations, to promote the growth of cricket in Scotland.
- Provide leadership and direction to the coaching and support staff, fostering a culture of excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
- In conjunction with the Head of EDI (Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion), drive and monitor Cricket Scotland’s EDI plan and ensure EDI is embedded in all areas of the business.
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of cricket coaching and player development. ECB Level 4 or Specialist Coach course, or equivalent, would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of working within a high performance environment, managing a high performance programme.
- Experience of managing a team with responsibility for creating and driving a high-performance culture that delivers results.
- A passion for cricket and a thorough understanding of the game’s technical, tactical and strategic aspects.
- Knowledge and understanding of high performance sports and
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience leading and motivating coaching and support staff.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- This role requires a considerable amount of travel, so access to transport is essential.
Please note that the successful candidates will be required to live in Scotland and be able to work in the UK and have a Visa that allows the candidate to undertake this form of employment in the UK.
At Cricket Scotland we have an unwavering commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity in our employment practices, and to making our services as accessible as possible.
We are committed to building a fairer and more inclusive cricketing community at every level. Following the recent review into racism in Scottish cricket, it’s vital we ensure the sport in this country is a welcoming place for all and that no one suffers from any form of discrimination.
We are looking for candidates who can help cricket become more equal, inclusive, and diverse, and we welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds who can contribute diversity of representation and thinking to Cricket Scotland.
In return we will offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35.5 days holiday each year
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The opportunity to be part of a sports governing body driving real and positive change in the sport of cricket in Scotland.
Further information in relation to this role is available within the Job Description
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Michaela.firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th September 2023.