About the job
A central element of the ECB’s Inspiring Generations Strategy is the sustainability of the First Class Counties (FCCs). The working relationship between the FCCs and the ECB is pivotal. The County Partnership Agreement (CPA) was introduced in 2020, whereby FCCs receive distributions from the ECB, who then monitor Standards within the Counties as part of a two-way Partnership Review Process (PRP).
Your role will be to oversee and co-ordinate the CPA on behalf of the ECB, and to manage and liaise with executives working with the FCCs on a day-to-day basis. Having developed outstanding working relationships with colleagues within the ECB and County Stakeholders, you will be the main point of contact for internal and external enquiries on the CPA for the professional game.
You will have a central role in shaping, and implementing, the future iteration of the CPA, which will come into effect in February 2025.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from recreational to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are skilled in project and programme management and excel in a busy, exciting and ever-changing environment.
- You have a desire to make a difference to the working relationships between ECB and the FCCs and to ensure that the highest standards are maintained.
- You are a clear and articulate communicator.
- You have a strategic mindset combined with the ability to help implement strategic vision.
- You enjoy influencing up, down and laterally to drive successful outcomes and contributing to wider organisational objectives.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Leading on the Partnership Review Process with FCCs.
- Supporting the Director of the Men’s Professional Game in the implementation of the next County Partnership Agreement.
- Working with internal Subject Matter Advisors to identify development requirements within Counties and then facilitating support to address them.
- Working closely with Recreational Network Partners, whose primary responsibility is the County Cricket Boards and National County Clubs.
- Working closely with senior management of the ECB (including Board representatives) to foster strong stakeholder relationships and clear, two-way communication between the ECB and FCCs.
- Using exceptional coaching and business planning skills, assisting FCCs to diversify and build resilience.
- Act as a first point of escalation should any issues emerge through the PRP process
- Future proofing FCCs against game disruption, driving diversification and sustainability.
- Drafting papers to ECB Board on County Partnership Agreement matters.
- Manage Network Partner (Professional Game) to support you in these activities
- Ideally, experience of working within a First Class County, or professional sports team, as well as insight into the current County Partnership Agreement. An understanding and appreciation of the pressures on First Class Counties is required.
- Experience in high quality performance management.
- Gravitas and the ability to influence, managing upwards when required.
- Experience in business development and change management.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Outstanding relationship management skills and exceptional levels of emotional intelligence – ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships both internally and externally and earn respect quickly.
- Experience of crisis management and ability to find solutions when crises occur.
- Ability to multi-task, manage several projects, and exercise effective judgment, within constrained timescales and resources in the light of competing pressures, whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to listen, articulate and present cases and ideas and solutions successfully at all levels to a variety of audiences.
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
- Opportunities to be a part of and be involved in our Employee Resource groups: Women in Cricket Employee Network, Race in Cricket Employee Network, Disability Employee Network and LGBTQ+ Community in Cricket Employee Network.