About the job
This exciting and important role supports our EDI and Communications Team create meaningful work that helps drive and celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusion across the game, aligned to cricket’s ambition to become the most inclusive sport.
Focused heavily on campaigns, the successful candidate will create and deliver first-class work aimed at encouraging positive behaviour change through EDI education and storytelling via the Raising The Game platform/brand.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are passionate about driving greater equity, diversity and inclusion in your professional life.
- You have experience working on campaigns that have delivered behaviour change and driven public interest. You’ll understand how to segment audiences and plan an array of comms tactics to challenge mindsets and educate via campaigns.
- You’re a highly capable communicator and influencer in person and in writing, able to bring complex and sensitive subject matter to life for different audiences, using a variety of different channels and mediums.
- You are an inspirational storyteller with the ability to spot a strong story and then cultivate engaging ways to bring it to life and deliver it to the desired audience.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and an exemplary track record developing and managing relationships with stakeholders internally and externally with expertise across earned, owned and loaned channels and the ability to drive collaboration with different teams.
- You’ll have a passion for digital channels and content, skilled in its planning, creation and promotion; enjoying exploring alternative ways to reach audiences and understanding the need for us to think differently to engage people across the game and beyond.
- You are organised, insightful and conscientious when it comes to measurement, understanding how to drive maximum impact through the development and delivery of influential communications and engagement activities
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working to ensure we engage effectively with our colleagues, stakeholders and external audiences in order to promote equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Communicating across stakeholders with diverse perspectives and understanding of EDI issues.
- Creating and leading campaigns to drive education, engagement, understanding and passion for EDI.
- Putting diverse audiences at the heart of your work, gathering insight, working to understand lived experiences, and placing campaigns and content where the desired target audience can engage with it.
- Working cohesively with our Media Team to ensure campaigns resonate across a wide range of channels that reach both core and new audiences.
- Collaborating with other ECB departments (EDI, Marketing, Digital, Commercial etc.) to create joined up campaign moments with impact.
- Keeping across relevant trends and developments and best practice in EDI campaigning.
- Putting measurement at the heart of your work. Setting and measuring campaign KPIs throughout.
- Experience of working in communications, policy or campaigns and a track record of leading effective communications or stakeholder work.
- A passion for collaboration to write, design and build innovative and challenging content.
- A keenness for networking and building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople and stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
- Opportunities to be a part of and be involved in our Employee Resource groups: Women in Cricket Employee Network, Race in Cricket Employee Network, Disability Employee Network and LGBTQ+ Community in Cricket Employee Network.