Photo Credit: Cricket Australia
The dates for this season’s new-look KFC Big Bash League Finals Series have been confirmed, with a new four-match structure to take place from January 19-24.
The top four teams at the end of the regular season will secure a finals berth and, as has been the case in previous seasons, the top two teams will be rewarded with a double-chance. The KFC BBL|13 champions will be crowned at the Final on January 24.
- Friday, January 19: ‘The Qualifier – First-placed team v second-placed team
- Saturday, January 20: ‘The Knockout’ – Third-placed team v fourth-placed team
- Monday, January 22: ‘The Challenger’ – Loser of The Qualifier v winner of The Knockout
- Wednesday, January 24: The Final – winner of The Qualifier v winner of The Challenger
All four matches will be played in prime time, with exact timings to be confirmed. The KFC BBL|13 Finals Series will be broadcast on Seven, Foxtel and Kayo with additional support from SEN.
Venue availability issues due to the respective men’s Test matches in Adelaide and Brisbane mean should they qualify, the Strikers home venue for the first two finals will be Canberra’s Manuka Oval, with the Challenger and The Final able to be held at Adelaide Oval. All Brisbane Heat home finals will be hosted at Heritage Bank Stadium on the Gold Coast.
The following venues have been confirmed for Clubs who secure the right to host finals matches:
- Adelaide Strikers: Manuka Oval (Qualifier or Knockout) / Adelaide Oval (Challenger or Final)
- Brisbane Heat: Heritage Bank Stadium
- Hobart Hurricanes: Blundstone Arena
- Melbourne Renegades: Marvel Stadium
- Melbourne Stars: MCG
- Perth Scorchers: Optus Stadium
- Sydney Sixers: SCG
- Sydney Thunder: Sydney Showground Stadium
Alistair Dobson, General Manager, Big Bash Leagues said:
“We’re looking forward to seeing the new-look finals format conclude what’s already shaping as a highly entertaining season.
“With less games this season there’s even more emphasis on each match and the finals series will be no different, with four highly anticipated matches to round out BBL|13.
“The nature of this season means access to venues is a little tighter than usual, but we’ve been able to work with clubs to find solutions that suit both them and the fans and are grateful for Manuka Oval and Heritage Bank Stadium for making it possible to host finals matches.
“There’s still plenty for fans to get excited about, with numerous fan-favourite fixtures scheduled for the festive season and more of the thrilling action we’ve see so far still to come.”
Details on how fans can purchase tickets to the KFC BBL|13 Finals Series will be shared in due course.
Tickets are now on sale for all KFC BBL|13 games. To buy tickets, visit cricket.com.au/tickets.