Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posted: 25 August 2021
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2696204136/
About the job
Expression of Interest
Cricket Australia (CA) is one of the Nation’s premier sporting bodies and provides an exciting and dynamic environment within the sports and entertainment industry. CA is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket on a national level, ultimately with a responsibility for the national cricket teams and professional cricket competitions played in Australia.
An opportunity exists within National Teams for an experienced and motivated Selector to work with the Australian Men’s Cricket Team. As a member of the National Selection Panel (NSP), the Selector is responsible for the selection of Australian men’s teams (Test, ODI, T20I), Australia A squads and CA XI teams.
You will apply your expert knowledge, skills and experience to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Australian team strategies and forward plans for series and tournaments.
- View international matches, domestic competitions and training sessions and produce detailed player development, performance and selection reports.
- Develop and maintain short term contingency and long term succession plans for all skills and key roles.
- Communicate regularly with other members of the NSP, Head Coach, Captains, players and support staff to ensure a clear, consultative and transparent approach to selection.
- Establish strong relationships and an effective network to ensure that national selection philosophies, strategies and plans are embraced throughout the player pathway.
- Utilise performance data and other information sources to support effective selection decisions and drive continuous improvement of the national selection function.
Key To Your Success In This Role Includes Having
- Deep knowledge and experience in elite cricket (preferably at international level)
- Ability to enhance performance through effective selection and talent identification
- Astute judgment, decision making ability and problem solving capability
- Ability to source, interpret and apply detailed performance data and information
- Competency in short and long term performance planning
- Capability to develop effective performance systems, processes and practices
- Credibility and influencing skills across diverse stakeholder groups
- Exemplary communication skills
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to drive a clear selection strategy for the Australian Men’s Team, we would love to hear from you!
Please reach out to James Curtis at SRI Executive if you are interested in this opportunity by 10 September 2021.
James can be contacted at email@example.com.
In addition to providing a CV, you should also address in your application why you should be “selected” for this opportunity and what skills and competencies you believe are critical for success.