About the job
We have an excellent opportunity for an HR & Recruitment Coordinator to join the People Team here at the ECB, reporting into both Head of People & Head of Talent Development. You will play a key role in supporting a busy HR & Recruitment team, ensuring the highest quality administration and processes are upheld, while maintaining a positive candidate and employee experience.
This is an exciting new role with a heavy recruitment schedule planned for Q1 and we will consider applications from individuals on a temporary to permanent basis.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are looking to develop a career in HR and/or Recruitment
- You thrive on detail, accuracy and supporting processes
- You are curious, interested and looking to constantly improve
- You enjoy working as part of a busy, fun team that is passionate about people
- You are looking for a busy, involved role with changing and competing priorities
- You love being highly organised and organising those around you
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Be a first point of contact for all people queries and questions, providing professional and approachable people admin and recruitment support across the ECB
- Supporting recruitment team to ensure all roles are accurately uploaded to ECB diverse hiring portal (BeApplied)
- Supporting hiring managers with BeApplied portal processes including planning interviews, scheduling and supporting on assessor panels as required
- Candidate management and timely updates with regards to their application status and feedback
- Providing support to Head of People and Head of Talent Development including preparation for meetings and some diary management
- Supporting People Advisor preparing organisational charts, consultant requests to be uploaded to IR35 compliance system (QDos) and pulling together key people information as required on turnover, diversity etc
- General administration duties to support the team which will evolve as priorities change and develop
- Supporting the leavers process, coordinating exit interviews, processing leaver information with IT and updating relevant people systems and payroll
- Dealing with sensitive, confidential matters in an appropriate way.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to manage changing priorities
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced People Assistant or Coordinator role
- Experience with people databases/administration and payroll administration
- The ability to build credible, effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Highly numerate with the ability to critically review numbers
- Strong attention to detail; process driven
- Strong MS Office skills, with the ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service ethos
- A high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Proven ability as a team player
- A proactive attitude, with a continuous improvement mind-set
- Basic knowledge of employment law
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- 30% discount on New Balance items