Posted: 03 June 2022
Link to Apply: https://cricket.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/8/home/requisition/916?c=cricket
· Be part of a small, collaborative and dynamic team
· A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accountant
· Build your skills in a growth mindset environment
Cricket NSW is focused on leading and growing the game throughout the state and oversees all cricket from elite professional teams to community, school, and social cricket. As a purpose and people led organisation, CNSW aims to inspire everyone to play and love cricket.
To deliver on our new strategy in 2022, we are taking a collaborative, customer centric approach to our organisational structure, bringing new teams together and creating exciting opportunities to achieve our purpose.
About the role
In this role you’ll work in a small, collaborative team with opportunities to learn multiple aspects of accounting and deliver high levels of customer service.
· Support the head of finance in managing the accounting and financial performance of the organisation
· Prepare monthly management accounts and monthly finance reports
· Act as the functional owner of the balance sheet
· Compile financial information and analysis including written reports as required
· Manage the audit process and assist in the preparation of year-end annual financial statements
· Assist with the preparation of budgets
· Prepare monthly & adhoc forecasts
· Provide payroll support during peak times
· Be an advocate for continuous improvement of processes and systems
· Chartered accountant (CA) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) qualified or equivalent
· At least 3 years experience in a similar role
· Experience in preparing budgets, forecasts, month and end board reporting
· Demonstrated understanding of the statutory requirements including FBT, GST, superannuation, payroll tax and workers compensation
· Excellent Microsoft word and excel skills
· Ability to work independently and part of a team
· High attention to detail
· Excitement to work in a values driven environment
What’s in it for you?
Work in a dynamic and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve. Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community. Take advantage of employee benefits on offer, including learning and development opportunities, work flexibility, salary packaging and the odd ticket to the cricket. You are joining a team that is energetic and motivated – we deeply enjoy the work that we do and the impact it has in the community.
Keen to join our team?
Apply now! Submit a copy of your resume and cover letter.
At Cricket NSW, we hire on merit and embrace diversity of characteristics, perspectives, skills and backgrounds. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for everyone, including children, so that people feel respected and connected, and can contribute and develop. We measure ourselves on our How We Play behaviours, our people value relationships, excellence, imagination and humility.
Australian Cricket’s Commitment Statement to Safeguarding Children and Young People can be found at cricketaustralia.com.au/safeguarding.
We require all applicants to undergo background checks and screening prior to or during any appointments.
Applications close 24 June 2022.