Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Hybrid)
Posted: 10 June 2022
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3115026724/
About the job
– Exciting role in a leading sporting organisation
– Permanent, Full-Time role
– Melbourne Location
Here’s the deal…
We’re looking for a driven National Program Specialist to join our Operations team and be accountable for our Community and Indoor teams!
Reporting to the Cricket Operations Manager you’ll be responsible for successfully establishing a framework for the delivery of training and playing programs of our National Disability and Indoor Cricket Men’s and Women’s Teams. The role will be responsible for education, development and performance of our National teams, working with other Cricket Australia (CA) functions to support the training and playing programs. This role will also fulfill a “team manager” function in support of designated tours and training camps, which will include international and domestic travel.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australians.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and develop the training and playing programs for the National Disability and Indoor Cricket Men’s and Women’s Teams to enhance player development and performance.
- Manage the delivery of high-quality Australian Team tours or training camps across all male and female indoor and disability teams with assistance from relevant program specialists.
- Manage organisation of the National Team programs and teams including appointment of coaching staff, support staff and medical staff (includes contracting and compliance).
- Consult with national bodies regarding selection policies, program involvement, international schedule, code of conduct.
- Manage the relationship with national bodies and other stakeholders (such as Deaf Sports Australia, Blind Cricket Australia, Sport Inclusion Australia, Special Olympics Australia and affiliated indoor sports bodies), including agreeing/servicing the associated MOUs.
- Work closely with the states and territories to improve pathway programs and enhance the talent pool with consideration to broader CA strategies.
- Manage the annual budget for the National Disability and Indoor Cricket programs.
- Manage National Team logistics, including player and support staff travel and apparel requirements for participation in events and training camps.
- Provide specialist support to the Cricket Operations team to ensure our events are aligned to strategic outcomes.
- Oversee the delivery of World Cup and International Tournaments/Teams responsibilities in Australia and internationally (as required).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high-performance role
- Proven ability to develop programs that enhance player development and performance
- Experience in managing and developing coaches and performance staff
- Strong relationship management skills and a proven ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience understanding and managing large scale budgets
- The ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and manage multiple projects and responsibilities at the same time
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Sound like you? Let’s do this!
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. To deliver the best services and to achieve our vision of being a sport for all Australians, we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and LGBTIQ+ people.
Vaccinations for our workers provide a key contribution to getting Cricket on, and keeping our players, workers and fans safe. In order to support this, Cricket Australia is mandating vaccinations for all of their employees and will be asking about vaccination status as part of our employment process.
At Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children.
We support flexibly in our workplace and offer extensive employee benefits including a range of discounts from fashion and travel to groceries and electronics, salary packaging options and discounts with our corporate partners. We also have an 5 extra days off a year!
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by 5pm, Sunday 26 June 2022.