About the job
About Cricket Australia
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future as we seek to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, grow junior participation, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
About the role
We’re looking for a driven Partnerships Lead to join our Commercial team. This role participates in the Partnerships Team’s efforts to deliver exceptional value to all partners via their association with cricket.
Reporting to the Senior Partnerships Manager, you will lead the management of a portfolio of Partners, ensuring their contractual obligations are delivered successfully through deep relationships and service delivery excellence, maximising commercial returns for all stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, developing and executing the successful year-round management and delivery of a portfolio of key Partner agreements.
- Delivering excellence in customer service, stakeholder engagement and maximising outcomes through close collaboration and strong contractual management.
- Connecting the partnerships to the insights; distil the priorities and focus for the team to move forward with their partners on a tactical level that assists in the development and delivery of sponsor marketing plans.
- Building, nurturing and maintaining strong and effective relations with each Partner, providing excellence in partner servicing and delivery.
- Collaborating with the broader Commercial team with regards to value creation to retain existing business, ensuring partners needs are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring partner requirements are aligned to current and future needs leading to advocacy, revenue growth and renewal.
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial partnerships role on either rights holder, client, or agency.
- Superior customer relationship and communication skills.
- A strong commercial mindset that can look around corners.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven towards delivering exceptional client service.
- Highly organised, excellent attention to detail and be a strategic commercial and analytical thinker.
- Proven stakeholder and account management skills.
- Experience creating and delivering strategic marketing/sponsorship campaigns.
- Willingness to travel interstate from time to time.
What’s in it for you?
At Cricket we work hard to deliver the season, but we play hard too – Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week leave at the end of season! As a CA employee, you will also have to other benefits including:
- Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
- A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to remotely working)
- Discounts from our partners and salary packaging options
- A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. To deliver the best services and to achieve our vision of being a sport for all Australians, we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and LGBTIQ+ people.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by 5pm, Friday 3 February 2023.