Photo Credit: Cricket Netherlands
The Royal Dutch Cricket Association (KNCB) is looking for a smooth and energetic: Event coordinator (0.5 fte.)
The Koninklijke Nederlandse Cricket Bond (KNCB) is responsible for the organization and development of the sport of cricket in the Netherlands. The KNCB is a member of NOC*NSF and the International Cricket Council (ICC). The Dutch Teams (Men & Women) are part of the International High Performance Program of the ICC, where the Men’s XI recently qualified directly for the WC in 2024 in spectacular fashion. Cricket is the world’s second largest sport in the world. With its national teams, the Netherlands is among the top 20 in the world.
What are you going to do?
In this (summer) cricket season, the Event Coordinator is responsible for all organizational activities, planning and scenarios concerning the Dutch Men’s and Women’s National Team and Youth Teams with regard to all national and international cricket matches.
- Accommodation and transportation
- Arranging flights, hotels and luggage
- Communication with the KNCB Travel partner
- Provide assistance with VISA applications as needed
- Arranging the hotel accommodation
- Organizing transport from and to the accommodation location and to and from the training and competition location
- Training, matches and series
- Organizing, arranging and distributing the accreditations for players, staff and match officials.
- You consult with the Umpire Officer regarding the referee and match officials and ensure that the VIPs are received and supervised.
- Ensures the organization of timely and proper catering for players, staff and match officials
- Arranging all other necessities (tents, chairs, etc.) and logistics around competitions.
- Communication and good coordination with all parties involved
- (helping to) draw up good scenarios between KNCB and the Clubs.
- The first point of contact for the (guest) teams, cricket clubs, visitors and other parties involved with regard to the event operation and the logistical matters surrounding the matches and series.
- The troubleshooter for last minute matters and in most situations the event manager on location
- The contact person for all relevant internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
- Someone who knows how to behave in the dynamics of a top sports organization (professional players, staff, sponsors, clubs, volunteers and other stakeholders)
- Accurate, structured and systematic in working
- Structured and able to prioritize
- Stress resistant
- A go-getter, driven and dedicated
- MBO/HBO working and thinking level; preferably Hospitality & Event Management
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing in Dutch and English
- Organizational talent to arrange everything in the right way
- A positive solution-oriented attitude with contagious enthusiasm
- Anticipation in unexpected situations or circumstances in order to be able to act properly and quickly in problem solving
- Affinity with (top) sport and exercise; and familiar with the sport of cricket
- A valid driver’s license B
- A temporary appointment of 5 months based on 0.5 fte. weekly
- Appropriate salary scale or compensation based on scale 6/7 of the CAO Sport (depending on experience and education)
- Possibility of hybrid working, both from home and at the event location, as well as at the office of the KNCB
- A dynamic working environment with enthusiastic and driven colleagues
- An attractive office environment in the Amsterdamse Bos in Amstelveen
- Hybrid working options
- Everything we think you can do your job well
- Have a fantastic summer of cricket!
Send your motivation message with Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com no later than Monday 8 May . If you have any questions, please contact Roland Lefebvre firstname.lastname@example.org .