About the job
FINANCE & OPERATIONS OFFICER – EAST ASIA PACIFIC
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians. Cricket Australia also supports the growth of the game overseas, with a small team dedicated to delivering the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Global Development Programme.
The ICC is the global governing body for cricket, one of the most watched sports in the world. Representing 108 Members, the ICC governs and administrates the game and works with its Members to grow the sport. The ICC is also responsible for the staging of all ICC World Cups. The Global Development Team is responsible for leading the growth and development of cricket in the ICC’s Associate Members. The ICC has an inspiring growth strategy with ambitious objectives, and this role is a unique opportunity to inspire and support the growth of cricket in the East Asia Pacific (EAP).
ABOUT THE ROLE
As part of this support and due to an internal promotion, we are seeking applications for the role of Finance & Operations Officer – East Asia Pacific (EAP).
We’re looking for someone to help implement the provisions of the ICC Development Funding Policy and ICC Membership criteria, deliver Regional Pathway events, oversee the annual data census, and manage a range of special projects within the EAP. If you’re motivated and enthusiastic, we want to hear from you. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Development Manager – EAP, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the ICC Development Funding Policy, including oversight of Member budgets and reporting requirements, and delivery of operational plans
- Planning, budgeting, and delivery of all regional qualifying events across all formats (i.e., Senior Women’s, Senior Men’s, U19 Women’s, and U19 Men’s)
- Coordinating the annual ICC data collection and verification process for census and funding purposes
- Using participation, performance, and financial data collected from Members to effectively monitor and evaluate progress against the ICC Global Growth Strategy, analyse trends and highlight opportunities and issues
- Supporting delivery of key projects, regionally and globally, that arise out of the ICC Growth Strategy
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least two years event management experience, including excellent organisational and planning skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong project management experience
- Strong budget and general financial management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Willingness to travel and work weekends and public holidays as required
- Motivated and enthusiastic attitude
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to work remotely and independently
- A passion for sport with an understanding of and experience in the sports industry, particularly a regional, national or international federation, is highly desirable
Please note this position is open only to applicants who have a current right to work in Australia.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
- Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
- A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
- Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
- A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm TUESDAY 27 JUNE. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/