Photo Credit: Titans Cricket
The Momentum Multiply Titans are thrilled with the number of players they will have taking part in the second edition of the Betway SA20.
Following the conclusion of the SA20 auction on Wednesday evening the Sky Blues are delighted to have 19 players participating in season 2 of South Africa’s premier T20 competition. This is more than any other domestic cricket team in South Africa.
The newest players that earned contracts are Dayyaan Galiem and Matthew Boast who both went for a whopping R1.6 million, joining the Joburg Super Kings and Pretoria Capitals respectively.
The fairytale story of the auction is 17-year-old Steve Stolk from Hoerskool Menlopark who was snapped up by the Pretoria Capitals as a Rookie player.
“This is really something to be proud of as a cricket union.” Explain Titans Cricket CEO Dr Jacques Faul.
“To have so many of our players take part in the SA20 speaks volumes of the quality we have here at the Titans and that we have a gold mine of a player development and pipeline system.”
The inclusion of Titans players in the SA20 also highlights the quality in depth that the Sky Blues have.
“It’s players from across the board, not just our Proteas or high-profile players but even young players that have been capped for our Titans Provincial U/19 team. The list of players can be further extended when you count players who were previously at the Titans and additionally when you include Titans coaching staff.” Faul elaborated.
The 19 Momentum Multiply Titans players teams are a part of the below teams in the Betway SA20 season 2:
- Pretoria Capitals (4): Matthew Boast, Corbin Bosch, Steve Stolk, Theunis de Bruyn
- Sunrisers Eastern Cape (3): Aiden Markram, Aya Gqamane, Simon Harmer
- MI Cape Town (1): Dewald Brevis
- Durban Super Giants (3): Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klaasen, Junior Dala
- Joburg Super Kings (6): Sibonelo Makhanya, Donovan Ferreira, Aaron Phangiso, Lizaad Williams, Dayyaan Galiem, Gerald Coetzee
- Paarl Royals (2): Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi