About the job
National Participation Pathway Lead
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, due to an internal promotion we are looking for a National Participation Pathway Lead, within our Community Cricket & Capability department. We’re looking for someone who will provide a strategic connection between all levels of the participation pathway, from WWCB through to senior cricket. This role will embed both social and flexible offerings in the participation pathway to recruit and retain players of all ages in cricket.
The National Participation Pathway Lead will look to continually improve current offerings in the pathway to ensure cricket stays relevant and creates brilliant experiences for participants, coaches and volunteers. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Participation you’ll be responsible for:
– Develop the complete participation pathway in consultation with key stakeholders within cricket, looking at both traditional and social formats
– Driving and influencing change in community cricket with a focus the transition from sampling activities to registered players in the community cricket pathway
– Working with National Girls Participation Lead to build out the female participation pathway, with a particular focus on transitioning girls from Cricket Blast into Junior Cricket
– Work in close collaboration with the broader Participation team on key dependencies for Community Cricket function in the areas of marketing and comms, tech, strategy and customer experience, talent, BBL/WBBL, Community umpiring and capability to deliver the desired participation growth
– Use data and analytics to identify opportunities for growth and improvement and identify best practice in providing quality experiences and retention
– Assess and ideate improvement opportunities, design initiatives and work with other teams to achieve better outcomes for participation.
– Oversee Cricket Blast coordinator training delivery and field force upskilling
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– Tertiary qualifications (Bachelor or Master’s degree) in Business, Sport or related discipline
– Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and exceptional interpersonal skills to influence others
– Strong knowledge of Community Cricket environment
– Demonstrated experience in leading change and creating outcome via a complex matrix structure (and/or in complex external stakeholder networks)
– Project management experience, leading blended teams across a broad range of projects
– Demonstrated skills in strategy development, and implementation of operational strategies
– Passionate and self-motivated, positive can-do attitude and a team player
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
– Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
– A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
– Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
– A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Sunday, 22 October 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricket.com.au/