About the job
Big Bash Leagues – Competition Development Lead
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the Big Bash, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
About The Role
This is an exciting time for us, as we are looking for a Competition Development Lead to join our growing Big Bash Leagues department. We are on the hunt for a candidate who can use rich and robust data to deliver balanced and commercially optimised competition development strategies for the WBBL and BBL. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Head of Competition Development and Strategy, you’ll be responsible for:
- Long term competition development growth projects and initiatives for both the Leagues I.e. Competition Structure, Big Bash Cricket Committee, Rule innovation
- Developing annual, commercially focused schedules of matches, including finals series for both the Leagues
- Developing strategies and systems to monitor and review competition rules, both on and off the field, to further optimise the continuous improvement of the game
- Providing high level data and analytics capability across the Big Bash League ecosystem
- Driving strategy and tactics between the League, Broadcasters and Clubs to grow the Big Bash.
Who We Are Looking For
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including a degree in Business or Sport Management
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, from CEO to admin/support staff
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and strategic planning skills as well as excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in managing the planning, development and delivery of league/club competition schedules
- Strong data analytics and modelling skills
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations to balance multiple priorities and remain focused and clear
- Understanding of cricket and the Big Bash Leagues
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
- Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
- A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
- Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
- A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact careers @cricket.com.au
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Sunday, 12 November 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricket.com.au/