Posted: 1 November 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.kncb.nl/nieuws/de-koninklijke-nederlandse-cricket-bond-kncb-is-op-zoek-naar-een-regionale-development-officer-regio-noord-holland-0-5-fte/
About the organization
The Royal Dutch Cricket Association (KNCB) is responsible for the organization and development of cricket in the Netherlands. The KNCB is a member of NOC*NSF and the International Cricket Council (ICC). Cricket is the second largest sport in the world and will be an Olympic sport from 2028! Our national teams (m/f) are among the top 15 in the world and we also want to use the success of our top players in our own country to grow with 40 percent active cricketers, with a strong focus on women and youth participation. We also want to increase the number of cricket clubs so that there is good access and representation of our sport of cricket in all regions.
A Regional Development Officer (RDO) is a valuable link between the cricket clubs and the KNCB. You help the clubs to grow and develop by encouraging and supporting collaboration and knowledge exchange. You make use of the resources and expertise that the KNCB offers. You are proactive in approaching the cricket clubs and offering information, advice and tailor-made solutions. You contribute to the ambitions of the KNCB in the areas of volunteer policy, youth, girls/women and accommodations. You are the first point of contact for the cricket clubs and other stakeholders in your region.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining (in collaboration with the association office and volunteers) close contacts with associations and members.
- Actively searching for questions, needs and other signals from associations, members and officials and translating them into solutions.
- Contributing to the volunteer policy in collaboration with the federation team and committees (including youth cie, girls/women cie and the accommodation cie.).
- Organizing meetings and activities for knowledge sharing and introduction to cricket.
- Translating the input and signals collected from associations/members to the work organization for policy preparation.
- Implement the Strategic Plan adopted by the General Members Meeting.
You are an enthusiastic team player who feels at home in the dynamics of a union organization. You have a proactive attitude and a solution-oriented attitude. You also have an affinity with (top) sports and exercise and knowledge of cricket.
- HBO working and thinking level.
- Lives in the relevant region and can be deployed flexibly.
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English.
- Experience in working and dealing with association director(s).
- Anticipatory ability to respond adequately to unexpected situations.
- A valid driving license B.
What do we offer?
- A varied independent position.
- A temporary appointment (Assignment Agreement) of 12 months with the intention of a longer collaboration, based on 0.5 FTE. weekly.
- An appropriate salary scale or comparable compensation based on scale 8 of the Sports Collective Labor Agreement (depending on experience and education).
- A travel allowance based on 21 cents per kilometer.
- Flexible working from home or on location.
Send your motivation message with Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, November 20 . If you have any questions, please contact Emil Buijs on 06 5776 3306 or email@example.com