About the job
Social Media Producer – National Teams
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, as we have an opportunity for a talented Social Media Producer – National Teams, to join our growing Digital, Marketing and Communications team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day content production and management of the Australian Men’s and Women’s team social channels, while generating content ideas designed to better connect fans with our inspirational players and teams. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
– Year-round administration of the Australian Women’s Team social media channels, including opportunities to travel with the team and attend matches in Australia
– Assisting in the development of strategy and content plans for growth of CA’s Australian Men’s Team social media presence beyond its current state
– Identifying stories and content opportunities which shine a positive light on Australia’s elite cricketers, both on and off the field
– Offering insights and execution in helping CA’s Gen Z-focused audience-growth strategy
– Working collaboratively with athletes and their managers to share content beneficial to both CA’s strategy and athlete’s personal brand and social profile/s
– Working collaboratively with other functions of the business, in particular offering support to the broader social media team on other CA-owned channels
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– Experience working in a digital content and/or communications team and managing social media communities
– Ability to think quick and interpret key moments as potential content opportunities, capturing high-quality content on the fly
– Highly proficient using Adobe editing products such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro
– A keen eye for emerging social media platforms and trends
– Strong written communication skills, outstanding attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
– An excellent knowledge of cricke
– An understanding of digital and social media analytics
– Excellent stakeholder management skills
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
– Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
– A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
– Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
– A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Sunday, 26 November 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricket.com.au/