About the job
Content Manager – Big Bash Leagues
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, as we have created an opportunity to lead an exciting new team and oversee the delivery of content across the Big Bash digital platforms, including a new mobile app. Working within our Digital, Marketing and Communications department, you will grow the BBL and WBBL as the family summer sports and entertainment proposition and strengthen the connection with cricket’s role models. If you consider yourself a transformative leader, we want to hear from you. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Content, you’ll be responsible for:
– Developing and delivering a content strategy focused on the Big Bash Leagues with a core focus on powering a new content-led mobile app
– Overseeing the publication of written, video and social content across the Big Bash mobile app and League social media channels
– Ideation and delivery of all commercial integrations in content across the Big Bash mobile app and League social media channels
– Leading the Big Bash Tipping product, working with internal stakeholders on the strategy for Big Bash Fantasy
– Managing the digital content budget to identify efficiencies and costs savings
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– 5+ years of experience in digital content publishing
– Proven ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders and prioritise projects appropriately
– Ability to efficiently manage a fast-paced and high-volume workload
– Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and digital publishing trends
– Ability to clearly articulate and sell internal strategy
– Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and creative thinking skills as well as excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
– Commercial awareness
– Excellent organisational and project management skills
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
– Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
– A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
– Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
– A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Wednesday, 22 November 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricket.com.au/