Link to Apply: https://cricviz-westindies-production.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/Advertisement_Safety_Officer.pdf
Cricket West Indies, which is headquartered in Antigua, is the governing body responsible for cricket in the West Indies. Its mission is to manage, develop and promote cricket to the benefit and enjoyment of the West Indian people and the world.
The Safety Officer is responsible for the management of all security related operations including conducting risk assessments paring security plans and supervising the implementation of security plans in relation to events and competitions organized by both Cricket West Indies (CWI) and International Cricket Council (ICC) The Contractor will also be required to liaise with the ICC in its global effort to prevent any on-field corruption.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide security plans for all home series/tours and tournaments.
- Review and approve security plans for away tours.
- Work with CWI Events Team in reducing the cost for security during matches.
- Maintain and update the CWI/ICC data base as it relates to pitch-siders.
- Manage the PMOA duringall International home series.
- Security Plan Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant discipline.
- Worked in or with a law enforcement agency or the military establishment in supervisory rank for at least 10 years.
- Sound intelligence and security background with extensive experience in managing security operations at major events.
- Experience with managing large scale security operations specifically at major international sports related events would be an asset.
- Leadership & supervisory skills.
- Strong planning, prioritizing, organizing and execution skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building and maintenance skills.
- Ability to develop sources of information within the sport and related industries involved in fighting corruption.
- Technical knowledge of all facets of the game of cricket.
- Sound knowledge of the structure and operations of cricket.
For a detailed role description, please visit www.windiescricket.com.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a cover letter by 26 May 2023 to:
The Manager, Human Resources, Cricket West Indies Coolidge Cricket Ground Coolidge, St. George, Antigua.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.