About the job
This exciting role will play in integral role in developing and preparing the England Women’s cricket team for international series and global events. An integral contributor to the management team with a clear focus on leading the preparation of the teams batting.
Please note that this role involves extensive national and international travel alongside the England Women’s team touring schedule.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You aspire to develop players who inspire and excite through the way they play on the international stage
- You’re constantly looking to improve players and people.
- You can inspire a group of players to constantly push the boundaries of how the game is played.
- You want to make a lasting positive impact on women’s cricket.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working closely with the Head Coach to ensure players are prepared for international cricket and can excite and inspire through high quality performances
- Contributing positively to the inclusive and high performing culture of the EW team
- Lead the development of the EW batting leading up to and during international series and global events.
- Work collaboratively with the EW Performance Coaches to provide insight for the long term development of future England players
- Working closely with the Regional Head Coaches to optimise the preparation and development of players ready to play for England Women
- Achieved the ECB Advanced Coach (Level 3) qualification, with Specialist Coach (Level 4) qualification desirable (or international equivalent).
- A proven track record of coaching elite teams and players in white ball cricket.
- A contemporary expertise in areas associated to learning and development.
- The ability to devise, deliver and manage coaching programmes for individuals, groups and teams.
- Positively impacted the development of players working in collaboration with an MDT
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High levels of motivation and the resilience required to thrive in a varied and demanding high performance role.
- Capability and appetite for extensive domestic and international travel.
- Competitive salary
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
- Please note, we are planning to hold the interviews on Monday 16th October.