About the job
Videographer – Big Bash Leagues
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, as we have an exciting opportunity for a Videographer – Big Bash Leagues within our Digital, Marketing and Communications department. Help us grow the Big Bash by creating engaging video content for our variety of digital platforms – including a new content-led mobile app – to increase fan engagement and help us achieve our editorial and commercial objectives . We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Content Manager, Big Bash Leagues, you’ll be responsible for:
– Ideating, capturing and editing compelling video content around the WBBL and BBL, on the road and in controlled environments
– Setting up and directing feature interviews with elite cricket talent, ensuring resulting footage is of the highest quality
– Leveraging our enormous reservoir of archive and current match vision, player-driven opportunities and exclusive access to cricket events around Australia
– Executing integrated and strategic content requirements, delivering consistent outcomes for a variety of commercial and other stakeholder needs
– Working closely with content managers and other members of the video production team to develop cutting-edge presentation ideas and engaging formats
– Maintaining quality control and ensuring all video packages produced by the digital team adhere to the highest standards
– Understanding emerging digital content trends and their relevance, ensuring output is cutting-edge and comparable with elite global sporting examples
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– 2+ years’ involvement in creating highly engaging video content
– Broadcast-standard camera operation experience and equipment knowledge
– Ability to set-up a shoot for broadcast quality output, including lighting requirements
– Advanced editing skills, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
– A self-sufficient work ethic and proven ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
– Excellent organisational skills and an ability to execute to tight deadlines
– Willingness to travel, including overseas, and work weekends and public holidays when necessary
– Appreciation of the implications of working with confidential material
– A working knowledge of and passion for the game of cricket
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
– Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
– A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
– Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
– A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Wednesday, 22 November 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricket.com.au/