About the job
Content Producer – Big Bash Leagues
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, as we have created a brand new Content Producer – Big Bash Leagues within our Digital, Marketing and Communications department. With a passion for cricket and digital storytelling, you will ignite interest and engagement with the WBBL and BBL as part of a team powering a new content-led mobile app. You will grow the BBL and WBBL as the summer family sports and entertainment proposition and strengthen the connection with cricket’s role models. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Content Manager – Big Bash Leagues, you’ll be responsible for:
– Writing and publishing compelling stories about the WBBL and BBL to build awareness around matches and players, as well as inspiring love for the game
– Building and publishing digital assets to ensure up to date and accurate delivery of written and video content across cricket.com.au, the CA Live app and Big Bash app
– Leveraging our access to elite Big Bash players to tell their stories and connect them to fans
– Contributing to video and audio content to give fans a complete view of what’s happening in the Big Bash
– Supporting Australian Cricket’s priorities and key messaging through strategic storytelling and stakeholder support
– Helping to maintain high standards of quality across our output to ensure we are a trusted source of information for Big Bash fans
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– A considerable knowledge of and passion for cricket
– 2+ years’ experience in digital sport reporting / production, ideally involving cricket
– A self-sufficient work ethic and proven ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
– Excellent organisational skills and an ability to execute to tight deadlines
– Willingness to travel and work evenings, weekends and public holidays when necessary
– Computer proficiency and comfort using Content Management Systems
– Experience with Adobe suite of products, particularly Photoshop
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
– Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
– A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
– Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
– A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Wednesday, 22 November 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricket.com.au/