About the job
Executive Assistant to CEO
- Reporting to the CEO
- Career defining opportunity in a leading sporting organisation
- Melbourne Location
Here’s the deal…
A unique opportunity has emerged for an experienced and high-calibre Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer and work closely with CA’s Executive Team.
This dynamic fast-paced role is critical to the smooth running of the Executive Office and ensuring strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including demonstrated experience in preparing correspondence and board meeting documentation.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities to love and play cricket is our purpose and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making cricket a sport for all that makes Australians proud.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide confidential support to the CEO
- Management and prioritisation of the CEO diary
- Provide meeting papers, prepare reports and correspondence
- Schedule all travel logistics (domestic & international) and associated meetings
- Handle information requests on behalf of CEO or for CEO
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders in a manner aligned to highest stakeholder service levels and to strengthen the CA brand
- Oversee the preparation of Executive meeting agendas and papers
- Signoff all Board agendas and papers
Executive Team and Australian Cricket Leadership Team Support
- Attend all Executive meetings and Australian Cricket Leadership Team (ACLT) meetings (where required)
- Assist CEO and Chief of Staff to prepare meeting agendas
- Take minutes for all meetings and obtain CEO sign off
- Note and prepare meeting action items in conjunction with CEO
- Attend Board meetings as required
- Take minutes for meetings as required and obtain Legal review and sign off
- Obtain CEO sign off
- Note and prepare Board meeting action items in conjunction with CEO
- Formulate accurate guest lists ensuring key stakeholders are accommodated from the Executive perspective for VIP hospitality
- Work closely with EA to the CA Chair and Board to finalise the seating plans for each day of the Test(s)
- Share at match hosting responsibilities of the VIP room, providing a brilliant experience for all attendees
- Assist CA CEO, CA Board members (and their partners) as well as the visiting team VIPs at match with any queries/ help they may require during the match and surrounding the event
- Strong rapport and close working relationship with EA to Chair and Board and members of the CA Events Team essential
- Provide assistance and guidance with the formulation of key CA events such as The Ashes, AGM, Australian Cricket Awards, Australian Cricket Leadership Team Events and Staff End of Year Function to ensure they meet the standards expected of the CEO including liaising with guest speakers (arranging their travel itinerary if required), guest list formulation, venue selection and seating plans
- Attend events when required to assist on the ground
- A minimum 10+ years of experience in an Executive Assistant role reporting directly into Senior Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administration, organisational and project management skills
- Excellent Time Management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strict level of integrity in respect to maintaining the confidentiality of employee and company information
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in response to changing business requirements
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across the business
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (particularly Excel, Outlook, Word) with ability to become familiar with company specific programs and software
- Knowledge of the Diligent Boardbooks Platform is desirable
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. To deliver the best services and to achieve our vision of being a sport for all that makes Australians proud, we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and LGBTIQ+ people.
At Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children.
We work flexibly and offer extensive employee benefits including a range of discounts from fashion and travel to groceries and electronics! Salary packaging options and discounts with our corporate partners. We also have an 5 extra days off a year!
Sound like you?
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate, and friendly people.
If you want to learn more about how we play, then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by 5pm Wednesday 31 August 2022.