Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Hybrid)
Posted: 01 February 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3457091899/
About the job
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future as we seek to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, as we are searching for two Event Managers to be an integral part of our Events & Operations department. We’re looking for someone ideally based in Melbourne or Sydney. The Event Manager will assist in leading operational event delivery of international cricket matches in allocated states and territories (markets) each season with a primary focus on facilitating brilliant experiences for fans, supporting attendance growth and maximising event profitability at match.
If you consider yourself a great leader and an advocate of brilliant experiences, we want to hear from you. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to one of the Event Directors you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting and leading elements of operational planning and delivery of Cricket Australia’s fan-facing cricket content and event experience within allocated markets.
- Supporting cross functional business and stakeholder planning and delivery of cricket events in relevant markets, with the principle aim of delivering brilliant experiences, increasing attendance and maximising profitability.
- Engaging and developing strong and effective working relationships with venues, event partners and state and territory cricket associations.
- Effective planning, management and reconciliation of Event Budgets while working to identify efficiencies and opportunities to maximise fan/customer experience.
- Actively support and contribute to contingency planning, escalation of issues and event safety.
- Lead the planning and execution of Event Debrief for relevant Markets.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations at match to ICC Minimum Requirements & Playing Conditions, Venue Hire Agreements, CA commercial and media rights partners, and the Memorandum of Understanding with the Australian Cricketers Association (ACA) & touring parties
- Management of seasonal resources and state and territory SLAs in markets where applicable
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Diploma or degree in Sport or Event Management desirable
- Major event experience (preferably within sport) with a proven ability to deliver brilliant experiences for fans
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in major international event delivery
- Proven ability to successfully lead and manage teams
- Strategic mindset with an ability to continuously improve the event experience for our fans and our partners.
- Proven experience in budget management.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Understanding of the sports and entertainment industry and venues.
- A drive to create and deliver best practice systems and experiences, with the ability to motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to handle & analyse a significant amount of customer data
- Ability to sustain long and irregular hours and travel as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week leave at the end of season! As a CA employee, you will also have to other benefits including:
- Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
- A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to remotely working)
- Discounts from our partners such as Asics and salary packaging options
- A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Friday, 17 February 2023.
In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/