About the job
To ensure World Class Physiotherapy support across England Women’s Cricket. This role will require extensive UK based travel to ensure effective working relationships with key stakeholders. The nature of the role necessitates working irregular hours.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have a passion for ensuring the delivery of high-quality physiotherapy and player support
- You have a strong interest in leadership and love working with a wide variety of stakeholders
- You enjoy being adaptable and having a varied work programme including overseas travel
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Accountable to England Women Clinical Lead (Lead Physician) for delivery of the strategy of player availability for England Women’s teams.
- Contributing significantly to physiotherapy delivery across the pathway including covering England Teams tours which could involve overseas travel
- Driving specific performance projects and initiatives across science and medicine in collaboration with the Head of Science and Medicine.
- To manage and lead other physiotherapists across the England pathway and ensure their continued personal and professional development.
- To work collaboratively with the women’s professional domestic game to drive development of high-quality physiotherapy across the women’s game, including CPD delivery.
- To support England Women’s Clinical Lead (and other doctors) in the delivery of Healthcare Governance Strategy for England Women’s team.
- To foster a culture of working within the physiotherapy team that is inclusive, joined up (cohesive?) and encourages high levels of effective team working and communication.
- To coordinate high quality player rehabilitation in conjunction with the clinical lead and science and medicine team.
- Work closely with the Strength and Conditioning team to ensure effective strategies and processes are in place for workload planning and management.
- Work with the clinical lead and science and medicine team to manage and coordinate the care of England contracted players competing in franchise competitions.
- Support the wellbeing team in the identification and delivery of any wellbeing matters.
- Extensive experience of working as a physiotherapist in a professional team sport, preferably within cricket, including a comprehensive understanding of cricket injury and performance.
- Experience in leading and managing a physiotherapy department in professional sport.
- A track record of excellent team working attributes including high levels of communication.
- Significant understanding of the needs of elite professional cricketers
- High-quality physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation skills.
- Effective diagnostic/clinical decision-making skills.
- Ability to influence a wide variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and manage complex scenarios.
- Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
- Current Advanced Trauma Management and Emergency Care accreditation
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Full Driver’s license.
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Please note, the interviews are expected to take place on 1st June 2023.